Wednesday, May 23, 2007

5 Miles, Sustained Pace

I just got back from doing a quick 5 mile run. For some reason, I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that a shorter run at a moderately quick pace would do my lungs some good since they really haven't gotten much of a workout lately. I was quite tired from the first mile until the end, but wanted to finish quickly for the heart and lung workout, but also because I don't have a lot of time today. I'm also planning on playing basketball tonight so I thought that workout combined with only 5 miles would complete my day's exercise.

Since I haven't blogged for a few runs, I'll also mention that I ran 15 miles with Justus on Saturday, and I just have to say that it is SO SO much nicer to run with someone than alone. Even though I was just as tired as normal, it did give me hope that perhaps I will be able to run the marathon as long as I have someone to go through the pain with, so thanks Justus for the encouragement. I also ran 6 miles at a nice and easy 9:00 pace on Monday and was definitely feeling the after effects of the long run. I didn't run last night because I ended up staying at the lab until almost 10:00, which sucked, but oh well. Tonight I'm excited for the season finale of Lost. It better be freakin' good.

Saturday: 15 Miles, 9:00 pace

Monday: 6 Miles, 9:00 pace

Wednesday: 5 Miles, 7:30 pace

No comments: