Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Saturday Loooooong Run

Saturday I went for my long run. I was excited because it was the very last long run before I start tapering for the marathon. I planned on running about 16 miles, but didn't know exactly where to turn around on my Potomac River trail. The trail goes straight into D.C., so I ran until I got to a major bridge just past the Kennedy Center. That way I could check out the distance later on Google's Pedometer. Turns out it's 8.7 to the bridge. It took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the bridge and the same to run back to my starting point, but I only counted time if I was running. For the last half an hour of the run, I was completely miserable. My body just ran out of steam. I had to stop and take a quick break almost every ten minutes. I don't have any idea how I will be able to run the marathon, but hopefully I won't completely run out of energy like I did here. Plus, it was really hot outside and I was running around noon, which didn't help much. Anyway, at least I finished (with lots of walk/water breaks) and now I can start cutting back. I think I was still feeling some of the after effects of last week's 15 miles, which seemed much easier than this long run.

I didn't run on Monday because Chelsea and I decided to go to Philly for the day, which was fun. Last night I ran for about half an hour through some trails near my back yard. I have no idea how far I ran, but I don't really care because I actually enjoyed the run, which is rare these days.

Saturday: 17.4 Miles, 2 1/2 Hours (Only counting running time)

Tuesday: 30 Minutes easy trail running

No comments: