Monday, May 14, 2007

6 Mile Goal Pace

Today was supposed to be the run where I finally felt good again because I took the last week so easy. But due to the jet lag and the fact that I didn't get much sleep, I won't let my run today be the only predictor of what's to come. However, my legs are still getting quite tired and I'm breathing harder than I would expect from just a goal pace run. I mean, I'm technically supposed to be able to keep this pace for the entire marathon, and it's a struggle for me to keep it much at all.

I went out the first mile in 7:45 and was breathing pretty hard. I tried to keep the same pace, but was at 15:30 at the end of mile two. Well, I didn't know where my other mile markers were so I just tried to keep the same pace until the end. By the end I was feeling a little better in the lungs department, but my legs were pretty tired. It's hard to imagine them holding up for a marathon, but I've still got time to get them ready.


6 Miles
46 Minutes

No comments: