Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Grandma's Marathon

Grandma's Marathon was great. I enjoyed it much more than my first marathon, probably because I had someone to run with. The weekend as a whole was fun at the cabin on the lake, and the marathon itself wasn't that bad. It was way too hot to try and run for time, so Justus and I ran/walked at a comfortable pace. I didn't even try and "race" until the last 6 miles and was amazed that I could still run at pace after 20 miles, but I'm convinced it's because we had regular walk breaks throughout. Afterwards I was a little stiff, but mostly just sunburned. I think run/walking is the way to go. I actually look forward to trying it at another marathon in the future. Until then, I will take a little break from running, and hence, from this blog.

1 comment:

Philch said...

hey brian, congrats on the marathon. sounds like a brutally hot experience after talking to justus (who i believe is now keeping food down). i enjoyed reading your posts. hope you have a good break.